February 13, 2018 Business Meeting Minutes
February Business Meeting Minutes (2/13/18)
Taken by Sarah McFarlane
- ● The February business meeting was called to order by Mady Guidry at the Waller County road and bridge office at 7:15pm.
- ● Awbrey Alvarado led the pledge of allegiance and Julia Woulds and Skylar Henderson lead the 4-H motto and pledge.
- ● Sarah gave the inspiration.
- ● Erin led roll call and there was one new member.
- ● Sarah gave the minutes from January’s meeting and they were approved as read.
- ● Meagan gave the Treasurer’s report and it was also approved as read.
- ● Mady led the member question.
- ● Grace Summers gave a report of how she was doing.
- ● Mady opened the floor for member accomplishments; there were none.
- ● Alyssa gave a recap of the club fundraiser and expressed the club’s thanks for everyone
that lended a hand in helping it run smoothly.
- ● Sarah updated members on Horse Quiz Bowl news and gave the next meeting dates.
- ● Lauren gave a report on how our horse judging team was doing and the next contests that
they were going to.
- ● Mady reminded club members about BBQ tickets for sale by Madelynn West; our BBQ
- ● Mady also reminded members about the scholarship opportunities within the club and she
opened the floor for nominations to the club scholarship committee. Colt Hack, Stacy Villarreal and Ronald Campbell were nominated and their bios were given by Mr. Allred, Alyssa and Erin. Mady asked for a motion to fully vote in these candidates. Skylar Henderson motioned it and Awbrey Alvarado seconded it. The motion passed.
- ● Erin informed members of the club’s community project at WARM.
- ● Sydney opened the discussion on the club’s spring trail ride. Mrs. Alvarado offered to be
the adult leader.
- ● Mady proposed that the club do a summer playday and asked to see if there was interest
- ● Mady then recognized this year’s outstanding helper from the club fundraiser, which was
- ● Adam Vance asked for the club to sponsor him for $125 dollars to go to the Heifer
International Summer Camp in Arkansas. Tyler Yarbrough motioned it and Julia Woulds
seconded it. The motion passed.
- ● Brianna Luce talked about the Ambassador Program and encouraged club members to
- ● Mrs. Alvarado talked about the new drill team and invited club members to join the fun.
- ● Mrs. Summers told club members about the T-shirts and bracelets that were for sale to help with medical bills for Grace Summers.
- ● Mady asked for a motion to adjourn the meeting. Skylar motioned it and Brianna Luce seconded it. The motion passed and the meeting was adjourned at 8:12pm.