September 12, 2017 Business Meeting Minutes
~taken by Sarah McFarlane~
- ● The meeting was called to order at 7:10pm at the Waller Community Center by Sierra Malone.
- ● The pledge of allegiance was led by Emma Hartley and the 4-H motto and pledge by Skylar Henderson.
- ● The 2017-2018 Officer Installation took place and was led by Mady.
- ● The inspiration was said by Lauren.
- ● Erin gave the roll call and new member or guest introduction. We had 2 new members.
- ● Sarah read the minutes and they were approved as read.
- ● Erin gave the Treasurer’s report and it was also approved as read.
- ● Mady led the member question. We played the game two truths and a lie.
- ● Haylee provided information on how Ethan Gunn was doing.
- ● Mady invited all members who had won an award in the past month to come up and
- ● Erin provided the start time and place of the WCF Parade held in September.
- ● Mady led the awards recognition of members who turned in their purple folders.
- ● All members that attended the 4-H Banquet came up and shared their experience.
- ● Lauren provided info on her work efforts at the animal shelter.
- ● Sarah provided members with information on arena meetings.
- ● Allison McCurdy updated us on the ongoings of Youth Council.
- ● Sierra asked if any members needed help after Hurricane Harvey.
- ● Mrs. Guidry announced this year’s fair auction add-on rules and Ms. Christie asked for
all fair sign orders to be put in.
- ● Mr. Stokes talked about how the Horse Judging team members were the officials at the
WCF progress show.
- ● Alyssa asked for $150 to donate a buckle for the horse show at the fair. Lauren motioned
it and Savannah Malone seconded it. The motion passed.
- ● Ms. Lawson asked for a show of interest in arena meetings.
- ● The meeting was adjourned at 8:13pm; motioned by Ally McCurdy and seconded by
Hunter Brzymialkiewicz. The motion passed.